Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Presidential hopeful Herman Cain challenges Republican field to a "pizza cookoff" for nomination

Herman Cain is now on the offensive. After a sharp decline in his poll numbers, he has concluded that if he is to be the Republican party's nominee he will have to go back to his roots: Pizza. During this weeks Republican debate, Cain was answering a question about his anti-Muslim views when he suddenly changed rhetorical gears. "I may not be the smartest here on stage, and I might not be the most popular, and I'm surely not the most versed in what/what not to say, but what I AM is a pizza maker. As many of you know I created Godfather's pizza, the best damn pizza in the United States. And now, in front of the televised world I'd like to throw my colleagues here an invitation and a challenge. Whoever can make the best pizza this upcoming Friday night on the Bill O'Reilly show will be the Republican nominee for President."

Cain has yet to receive any word from his rivals and for the most part it looks again like nobody is listening to him. To make matters worse, O'Reilly said there's "no way in hell" he's going to be making pizza on his show.

No comments:

Post a Comment